Friday, May 17, 2013

Back at it!

Well Folks,

Just a few hours after my last post on 3/29/13 I was out riding my motorcycle (a lovely Ninja 500) and while I was waiting at a red light, a car rear ended me!  My bike was totalled and I got pretty banged up.  My training and hopes to climb Mt. Hood came to an abrupt end.

However, I have made some great progress on the road to recovery, and the doctors/physical therapists all said that had I not been in as good of physical shape at the time of the accident things could have been much worse.  I guess you could say that all of that tough training to climb a mountain made me tougher in general.

Time for a small hike up on Hood this weekend to see how everything feels.  Slow and steady, lots of water, snacks and support from my teammates!

No comments:

Post a Comment